View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 21:58   Link #270
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Kirito has come from a life and death situation game named "Sword Art Online". Losing a party member is like losing a friend to him after all that's happened. He's currently aware of Asuna's situation, his love for her in indeed unmatched. But that doesn't mean you should discard everything else, helping someone that's supported you even though you're another race.

Abandoning Leafa, and the Slyphs and joining up the Salamanders. That's like saying he should have joined the The Holy Dragon Alliance back in SAO to get all the good things. It's not Kirito at all, and as long as he can still save Asuna. He can side-track to help a friend that's currently in a desperate situation that's supported him all this time. Even offered to lead him to the World Tree, when he could have just gone alone.

Leafa didn't abandon him, and I'm sure Kirito wouldn't abandon Leafa in a time of crisis. While still trying to save Asuna. Kirito's speech to Leafa clearly states what happens to people emotionally/mentally who would take what you just suggested, even if it's a game. As what Kirito said does happen to people in real life, and in episode 4 of the first season as well. So if Kirito had to choose between the two. Then it would really hurt him deeply inside to pick one, so he chooses the third option which is "both" his friend and his love.
SAO:
When people die ingame, they also die in rea life. Consequences to rea life.
ALO:
People die ingame. Who cares? It's just a game, nothing really happened and real life can go on. 0 Consequences to rea life.

The point that i'm trying to make and that some people don't seem to get is that ALO is just a game. And i don't get how someone can take a game more serious than rescuing his wife.

But in the end this discusion is pointless in the anyway because i don't really believe that for Kirito is wasting time because playing around is more important than saving Asuna.
My problem is just that the author, director or whoever is resposible for this, makes it seem like Kirito prefers to play around instead on really trying to reascue her.

So i will quote myself again.
Quote:
In the end i have just a problem with how the author is handling the sitation. He just failed to deliver what the main character if this story is thinking and what he is intending to do.

Again, relentlessflames post in witch he reasonable explained what is wrong.
Quote:
It's fairly logical to assume that as anime viewers (because we can guess that nothing that happens is unintentional), but they never actually have Kirito say this, nor even hint at the logic that went into his decision. He doesn't really show it on his face either, intendingand instead we only see him having fun in the game and getting closer to Leefa. They did hint previously that getting up the world tree may require cooperation between the races, but they haven't shown Kirito making the connection. Absent any further hints/insight, it can look like he's ignoring Asuna to take care of this "side-business", as if saying "well, Asuna can wait for a bit". That probably isn't actually what he's thinking, but that hasn't really been clearly conveyed so far. I think it will be made more clear going-forward.
Bahamut explained also pretty god what i find odd since a couple of episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...there is nothing wrong with Kirito's philosophy and morals...because this is who he is...but its just more odd that they want to emphasise these beliefs when ideally his love for Asuna should be as...if not more...important...

...the assumption is that Kirito believes Asuna is in ALO...because if she is not...then he is surely using a lot of time just for confirmation...imagine that it really is not her...remember that the so called wedding takes place in a week...

...if Kirito ends up taking even 4 days to reach the top but turns out it is not her then what? ...hes got 3 more days to pull a miracle...chances then he will surely break down...
...meeting deadlines gets deadlier when days becomes hours...minutes...seconds...

...besides that...since if this is all under Leafa's point of view hence no Kirito thoughts...then they should have made Leafa notice odd behaviours or expressions at least once per episode that will lead to her asking why he is so eagar to reach the top...who this person he is trying to save mean to him...and why is at times he is all jokes yet seems to be a forced smile...

...like that moment in the pub...it may be annoying to see this presented because it may show him as emo but in order to show his love/devotion for Asuna it needs to be fed to the audience...

...SAO arc emphasise that death in the game meant death in real life...and that was portrayed from time to time...so ALO should be about saving Asuna therefore it should be portrayed as well...

...unfortunately all we have is Leafa falling for Kirito thinking he is "her" knight in shining armour...and most of her shocked impressions are based on Kirito's beliefs that are not related to Asuna...perhaps this is Leafa's story and Kirito's story is the "side quest"...
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote