View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 23:32   Link #142
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Something of mild interest to me.

Aside from eye rolling at just at how weak the psycho-pass police state actually is...is anyone else a bit surprised at how quickly in comparison the mass of citizenry (the medicated, preselected to be docile and wimpy populace) reacted to the threats of the helmeted guys? Sure you had Makishima's hacker buddy spreading rumors and all...but the fact that they'd be willing to start listening to those kind of suggestions this quickly does seem to suggest this populace is overall not as docile as might have been suggested.

Course one could call the police characters discussing the perils of Psycho-hazard as an acknowledgement of this fact...though that's a bit incompatible with their belief that citizens rioting is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
When people who had acceptable pp levels before the helmet came into use start getting shot on sight I think this will shake up their society even more than it already is. Their whole society is built on these ratings. People getting life sentences because their reading is bad is different from people with acceptable psycho pass readings getting suddenly killed on sight.
Uhhh, whose talking about people who had acceptable pp levels before the helmets being shot on sight? The only people being shot on sight in the situation Ahn Mihn described are the mobs of spree killers wearing VERY distinctive and obvious helmets. I'm not exactly seeing where the public outcry comes from the cops/security robots gunning down the masked criminals actively committing arson rape and murder.

That kinda shit only fly's in the DC universe, where the only massive public outcry related to the Joker raping 2-3 dozen toddlers to death is that Batman beat up the Joker too hard.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-02-03 at 23:45.