View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 00:34   Link #18
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Another very good episode; there was more backstory this time, which turns out to be related to Kogami's past - specifically, the case during which his Crime Coefficient rose to the point of no return. I didn't expect that Makishima would be the one pulling the strings of the factory murders as well.

This episode was a lot more grotesque, with the murders resembling something that Caster and Ryuunosuke from Fate/Zero would come up with. There were also references to Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus, which is his most violent play, in my opinion. It's not one of his well-known works; I heard of it from my teacher just earlier this year, and I didn't expect at all that Shakespeare would actually write out something like that...

I'd curious on how Makishima managed to manipulate Rikako into committing those atrocious murders, which I'm sure they will be brought up in the coming episodes. I got a Kara-no-Kyoukai-6 vibe upon watching the school scenes.

Other than that, it was nice to see Akane and the other team members interacting with each other. Initially, I wasn't sure of what to make of them, but at this stage they've developed a lot.