View Single Post
Old 2009-09-17, 11:13   Link #15
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

"Treasure your meeting."

Despite whatever reservations I have about Abe, this sentence rings with so much truth about Horo and Lawrence that it demands reflection, and given Horo's shocking revelation at the middle about her own feelings it seems to somehow completely sum up the very neture of the tension between both of them. There are times when she says she's afraid of those sweet and intimate moments between them, and back then in the first season I don't think I really understood what she meant. I think now I can relate to her feelings.

Why? Because all meetings end with partings. Abe called their meeting like the lines from cheap poetry, but cheap poetry given spirit becomes living epics.

And if this very fact that scares Horo completely isn't already drilled into our heads during the first few episodes of this season, now it's pretty much ingrained into our brains. Even though she's so used to people coming and going in her life, she's scared of the closeness between them because she knows that, as the cliche goes, it's harder to let go of the things closer to you. She never had a true emotional relationship like she's had with Lawrence the short time they were together. She accepted everything she did, all the good and the bad, the successes and the mistakes. She says she's used to being on the deathbed of someone else.

However, she's not used to saying goodbye. To Lawrence especially. And thusly, she fears that day they will part of painful terms. She says they should end it now, since Lawrence is now oh so close to reaching his dream of owning a shop.

But... I think we all know that perhaps, this isn't his dream anymore, is it?

As such, the entirety of their talk in the middle of the episode was painful to watch and listen to, in a good way of course. It felt like literal physiologic pain on my chest due to the sheer prophetic nature of their discussion. I guess I should be happy they had a funny argument after that because the scene was downright heavy like a rock.

Rigolo's nun assistant pretty much put it all into perspective for Lawrence. They similarly share a very simple yet very rewarding dream, only that Lawrence had yet to really admit it to himself. I think now he knows what his new dream is.

However, now that shit has met said fan, it all boils down to the final episode and how it all goes. The preview looks like it's going to leave me depressed for weeks. At the very least, they could make it awesome enough to make the unbeearable torture of waiting for season 3 a little easier to manage.