View Single Post
Old 2009-11-24, 11:15   Link #64
gl0w_
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
First, Lotus Cobra is a "may" effect so this change doesn't affect it in any way
Yes your right, sorry i didnt check this before i said it. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Zendikar was supposed to be a land themed set, but it really isn't.
I think that i would still classify Zendikar as a land based set. Even with just the landfall mechanic and the bringing back of the fetchlands (hell yes) and harrow (double hell yes) that it is trying to have a synergy with playing lands and rewarding you for it. But yes i agree 100% and was also very dissapointed when they released that article, i think it was lame for them to come out and basically say they didnt include all of these amazing mechanics just because they were too "difficult". This was a low blow for those of us who actually know the game enough to use cool things like that.

My biggest complement on zendikar is also possibly my biggest critisism. I must say that with the lorwyn cycle i way concerned about the general powerlevel of cards and deck, as almost every deck at the time was lorywn based. Now on one hand im glad they did a great job of printing some amazing cards in Zendikar i think it also shows some power creep. That is honestly my biggest dissapointment with the game right now. i can pretty much sum it up in two words, Baneslayer angel. I remember when someone (i cant remember who) played the deck "The Girl" based around Serra Angel and it saw amazing, i was very dissapointed when they just printed a card that is blatantly better as i loved Serra Angel. Although i know that powercreep is just something that happens overtime to games and it will probably be fixed if it gets to far out of hand, i still dislike seeing previously great cards rendered useless.

Also yes the draft is amazing. The drafts seem to have pretty good synergy because of the landfall mechanic cause hey, everyone plays lands, which is pretty neat. I guess they accomplished what they wanted to with that. But yes it is quite fun.

Last edited by gl0w_; 2009-11-24 at 11:30.
gl0w_ is offline   Reply With Quote