View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 07:16   Link #183
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You make it sound like Kyubey directly controls witches, as if he was some mad scientist and these witches were robots directly under his control.

Witches are fallen magical girls. Kyubey has no direct control over them. If he did, Mami never would have died (that hindered Kyubey's aims much more than it helped them).

So Kyubey can't "create chains of events". He can try to have events unfold in a way that is beneficial to him, but he can't make something out of nothing. He doesn't seem to have any army or powerful subordinates at his command.

He can merely make the most of the cards that are dealt him. And he typically does that very well, to his credit. But we shouldn't confuse him for some Evil Overlord type that has seemingly limitless resources at his command.
I never said he was Charles vi Britannia. What I meant was, with the tea-party ending there will definitely be another Walpurgisnacht--more magical girls will be created and eventually become witches as a result of despair taking over them.

Now what I'm saying is all of that is impossible with the anime ending, heck, Homura probably even lost her ability to reset for all I know. Think of it this way: the tea-party ending is more like replacing all the corrupt government officials with honest ones, while the anime ending throws away the entire system making it impossible for corrupt officials to even exist in the first place.