View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 06:59   Link #290
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
These record companies seems to forget how difficult it was for the veteran seiyuus to release debut albums back in the days. Nana, Yukarin (Tamura Yukari) and Hocchan (Horie Yui) amongst others spent at least 10 years to pave their way up to music stardom.

Nowadays if the seiyuu has a nice face and a decent voice-- bam-- new debut album.

I don't really find it fair...
You are wrong though, of course. Sure it took the likes of Nana, Yukarin and Hocchan years to build up the fanbase and to get to where they are now, but back then they released CDs just as quick.

Take Horie Yui for example, she debuted in 1997, and her first anime tie-up single was 1998! That's no more longer than the majority of the new debutes that's been happening, in fact probably a lot shorter.

Tamura Yukari - her debuting role was as the heroine for a *Macross* radio drama. Yeah she got her shot at singing with just her debuting role.

As for Nana-chan, her debuting role was for a galge (Noel) in 1997 and again on that she was able to release mini-album under the name of the character.

The new batch of seiyuus aren't getting any special favours. Both Yuuki Aoi and Hanazawa Kana could be considered veterans since they were child actors, and Hanazawa had debuted as a seiyuu for a very long time (2003). Taketatsu Ayana also debuted back in 2007 and only just got her break due to Oreimo last year so she getting a solo debut single now could be even considered late. To me it seems to be the other way around - the agencies are running out of fresh blood to replace the old veterans as well as new fans who would spend on the seiyuu so they are pushing any popular girls out there in hope that they would lap it up regardless of how well they actually sing. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and the sad thing is the otakus - as always - will lap it up, and with how poorly CD sales in general are today, selling ten thousand copies is now considered respectable and a worthwhile investment and these new debutes are providing just that.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote