View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 08:35   Link #8020
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You guys keep using the same "logic" for this ; why would Mikoto care what side is what?
When good writing is sacrificed to force characters on the sidelines, then it becomes not good writing.
it's not about Mikoto wouldn't care, it's Mikoto is not going to get involved unless somebody else involves her, or she happens to stumble upon it

Quote:
Fyi, a plot hole is basically when inconsistency occurs to further the plot
yep, which is why Kuroko teleporting Index and Misaka who are bitching and losing time over who should be teleported first instead of grabbing Kazakiri and Index is not a plot hole

Quote:
i.e. Kuroko leaving a helpless civilian in danger to get a level 5 out of harm's way.
you are saying we should consider the fact that Kuroko knows that Misaka may be able to defend herself, and not the fact that Kuroko is still a first year middle schooler, is alone, has to evacuate as many people as she can in as little time as possible, and Mikoto and Index are the closets to her, and are actively bitching about who should be teleported first, and making them all lose time because of it

And also the fact that Kuroko plans on teleporting back right away to take Kazakiri to safety as well

Quote:
Touma running off to the fight is not a plot hole; it's something he's been doing the entire series, hence not inconsistent. He's always jumping into fights that don't involve him.
yes, but he's always generally tried to keep other people out of harms way, before/while running into battle

Quote:
What reason does Mikoto have to listen to Touma and let him face the danger all alone? That is inconsistent with Mikoto's type of character, yet is constantly being forced to keep her out of the action. And no, I shouldn't have to go back and read it again.
Spoiler:

how is this inconsistent, exactly? Actually, how is she NOT actively helping them, exactly?

And keep in mind that this is all she knows about what's going on, Touma and Index are trying to save their friend who's currently been turned into "something"(mikoto has no idea about what kazakiri has been turned into, just that she needs to be saved, and quickly), and the hound dogs are chasing them to stop them

Quote:
rm, unless you're talking about Touma (who has Imagine Breaker and didn't actually use any tactics, but neither did Mikoto), then I have no idea who you're talking about; Mikoto never faced any Level 0s in the manga, let alone nearly get killed by one.
I'm talking about Frenda, you know, the one who nearly killed Mikoto, and probably would have succeded if she didn't make her snap with her monologue about how she likes to kill

Quote:
Touma is only two years older than her and has handled plenty of fights by himself too.
Yes, way more fights than Mikoto, in fact. Which is why he's so much more experienced than Mikoto.

Quote:
And Stiyl is Touma's age (15).........despite his appearance. Kaori is 18. Somehow I don't think age has much to do with it.
in fact age doesn't matter, what matters is that they are magicians, and have been involved with the affairs of magicians all their lives, which means they have a lot of experience in that.

Mikoto is just a civilian middle schooler who's had way less experience than them, and most of the time didn't even know what she was getting involved into

Quote:
Mikoto doesn't know about Acqua being super powerful, but even if she did, she wouldn't leave a battered and beaten Touma to go off and fight him alone, as far as she knew. Even if she knew he had help, she wouldn't just leave him in that shape. Just the same as with Touma; if he didn't have Imagine Breaker, would he still try to help people regardless of the danger? Absolutely.
Of course. Except Touma pretty much made her understand that it was HIS fight, not hers

Quote:
Irrelevant; priorities are priorities. You don't leave your bags out of sight in an airport for even a few seconds, and you don't leave civilians in harm's way for any longer than you can help; that means getting them out ASAP.
which is precisely what Kuroko was doing

Quote:
And to Kuroko, they were not all helpless; putting Touma aside since she knew she couldn't teleport him, Index and Hyouka were the helpless ones. Mikoto was a Level 5 Esper who had just earlier demonstrated, in front of Kuroko, that she can more than handle Sherry.
they were all civilians to be evacuated in the shortest time possible, regardless of whether they could defend themselves or not

Quote:
I think Mikoto leaving the man she loves to go and face an opponent alone, while injured, is a forced plot hole. Absolutely. Positively. most definitely. Plot hole, bad writing, etc. Her being emotionally just means all the more that she'd give in to emotion and help him.
i think you have a different idea of Mikoto's character than what she actually is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It's a plot hole because it's inconsistent with Kuroko being a responsible a member of Judgement, which happens to be the definition of "plot hole." You get the people in most danger out first; it's common sense, no matter what you say. This point I can't concede on.
and you are completely ignoring BOTH the circumstances AND Kuroko's character