Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 10:08   Link #1803
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
The biggest thing for me is the revalation that Teru isn't the Tin women even though we've seen tiny glimpes its a shock. Akado actually coaching is weird as well. But mostly in this chapter is the badass-ness of Yuu.
To me this chapter is what previous chapters should have been. If Harue is actually a good coach, as she is suddenly revealed to be, then we should have seen at least a bit of evidence of it before. OK, she couldn't have done anything about Toki because there was no data, but we could at least have seen something, even just a ten-second clip, of her researching Senriyama. Her dereliction of duty vis-a-vis Teru was really bad: Teru is the champion, Harue should have been researching her for weeks yet all we saw was her standing aghast watching Kuro getting beaten up. The only data the girls had was stuff they remembered from a magazine article! Again, there's not much Harue could have done to help Kuro, I don't think anyone at that table had a chance against Teru except maybe Toki if she could consistently use her Triple ability, but at least we could have seen some sort of effort at preparation. The other teams have members like FunaQ checking out all the opposition in detail, Achiga gets Harue doing stuff when she feels like it!
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote