View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 05:14   Link #7057
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ran first heroic today...Grim Batol. We went through about three tanks and four or five healers (healer was the only non-guild position at the start). Basic problem was that the tank wasn't told we were doing heroic, and had never been in Grim Batol before (tank and I are average ilvl 340). We managed to kill the first two bosses (after going though three healers on or before the first boss), then just could not get the third boss. We slipped past and went for the last boss, wiped once or twice and our tanks left in fustration and exhaustion (it has been an hour by then I think). We got a new tank who insisted on doing the third boss even though we said we couldn't do it yet...wiped a few times then we kicked him for being a dick about it. Got out third tank would went along with us to the last boss. We wiped a few times but downed him. Went back with the last tank and tried the thirf boss about three more times before we decided were were just too damn tired for this (it been about two hours I think)

Group was not ideal for it I think. Paladin tank, two warlocks, one warrior, and a rotation of shaman, priest, and druids as healer. We got another paladin tank second try, followed by a Death Knight. We did not quite have ideal CC or slows with fear. It worked, but was more intensive and mana draining to use than say polymorph or something that lasts longer than 12 seconds. Banish worked fine when we needed it.

Honestly though, out pally tank was doing fine. It was mostly us dps that were having trouble. I was able to pull 8-9k dps most of the time and the warrior was pulling about 7.5k dps. The second warlock wasn't as geared at the rest of us (geared enough for heroics) but was doing about 5k dps. He usually plays a warrior that outgears us all and is already raiding. He's still getting use to warlocking since I'm not that good on teaching it since I'm still figuring out what works best with what I got. The pally tank was pulling about 7k or more dps, almost keeping up with the warrior dps.

Also, does anyone have an update on the Valentines holiday achievements? Seems the Rose dropping one changed again and I don't knoow who they drop from now. I'm missing that one to complete the achievement and be only a step or two away from getting 310% flying skill without having to pay 4k to get it (need to complete Children's Week as well).
It isn't that I don't have the gold. I just want to finish what I started, and if it saves some gold...good deal.