View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 20:43   Link #88
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Exactly. I feel the same way here, but I don't approve of your solution by having Garp let Luffy save Ace and stop Sengoku if necessary. He has to struggle to get to Ace so that there is suspense.
Struggle yet again? I've seen him struggle enough this war to finally see him catch a break which Garp should be cause I wouldn't like this to come between them which it should if he's seriously going to try and stop him. If my gramps would stop me of saving my brother, he shouldn't expect me to talk to him anymore afterwards. And even if you disapprove cause you don't like the scenario, it doesn't make it impossible or even unlikely.

Quote:
You obviously don't know the meaning of "easily schooled". Moria and Kuma are still in perfect fighting condition, which means they didn't get their asses kicked.

And I said that Kuma can warp in front of Luffy, to which you have no defense against. I'm still waiting for your rebuttal on that one.
I do, else I wouldn't use the term. Moria got punched in the gut to the point that his eye were white and what did we saw of him in return? Nothing. And if I remember right, Kuma got death wink spammed on him and hardly did anything back. You don't need to KO someone to school him and show who is the superior one of the two which Jinbei and Iva were for me though in Kuma's defense I found him a lot more weaker then back at TB and Shaobondy now that he's basicly just an other pacafista.

I did say previously that I don't expect people to insta transmission their ass next to him which warping basicly is so I didn't saw the need to respond to it. But warping, technically it's possible though technically there are also enough people on the battlefield that could probably stop him of doing it. But Kuma is a mindless robot atm who is probably just holding his line of defense like he was ordered to. I hardly see him as the mindless robot he is atm make such an independent course of action. Let alone that story wise it would hardly make sense to me for Kuma or Moria of all persons to be the one to stop him.

Quote:
I'm not dooming them at all. Ace is going to be saved; that much is certain. But in terms of fighting power, the marines and shichibukai have the WB pirates beat. You cannot dispute this. And I'm still hoping that Whitebeard is the one who'll save Ace. I've said this countless times already: This is Whitebeard's time to shine. Let him have his moment of glory before he bites the dust, because Luffy will have plenty more ahead of him after this arc is over. It's time for someone else to have the spotlight.
The WB pirates have to be doing something right cause if the marines and the shichibukai have them clearly so beaten, I don't see how they'd even be able to reach the execution platform. Hell even injured WB should soon catch his second breath and have a final epic stand. Marco and Jozu could be still ressurected and none of the other 10 commanders or NW pirates have been taken out. Then add Iva, Jinbei and now even Croc who are still kicking ass and I would hardly say the Marines and the shichi have them truly beaten atm. There dirty scheme did gave them an advantage but it hasn't stopped the WB pirates of almost reaching their goal.

And each chapter you say it's WB time to shine and he should be the one to free Ace and I think we went over it in the previous chapter discussions alread enough. This chapter WB even goes as far as to tell his men to back up Luffy and show him what lies beyond this age and I doubt Luffy will fail to meet his expectations.

I think several of us have said enough bye now that WB will still shine even when Luffy is going to be the one to free Ace. WB can really still shine bye holding of other marines while Luffy solves dealing with Garp and Sengoku or especially shine bye beeing the one who makes sure they are able to leave Marine HQ.

Quote:
This is war. Having a clear path paved for you to fulfill your duty is nonsensical and unrealistic. You will encounter opposition no matter what. This was my point from the very beginning, and it seems like you've ignored it
Maybe in your opinion, in mine it's more nonsencial and unrealistic to expect Luffy to keep going in circles and have all this marines and shichibukai to keep blocking his path. I didn't ignore it cause I've answered it enough bye now bye saying several times that the WB pirates will stop anybody with interfering with Luffy yet you seem to disagree. And I don't find anything nonsensical and unrealistic about the WB pirates making sure that Luffy will get a chance at doing the job.

Quote:
You said that you'll wait how things play out, and yet you're so certain your scenario is going to come to fruition. You contradict yourself .
You didn't saw that line where I say, if it even happens but that's what I expect? Saying I'm expecting something and saying something will happen for certain are two complete other things so no I'm not contradicting myself. I can't wait and see and have expectations?