View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 04:52   Link #108
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'm not sure which group is best, I haven't sampled Gattai yet as their subs didn't work on Mplayer, I might have to go to my windows machine and try it with the CCCP, AIA-IZ were okay but I didn't particularly like some of the translations (mostly the way they keep changing the spelling of Mikhail's name depending on the pronunciation on screen, it seems to be pretty random whether the VAs use one or the other, so they should just standardise it...)

Menclave tends to do good subs, and combined with 3 other groups I'm sure they'll do a good job of it, though it's a pity they cut Nyan Nyan, their fonts turned weird and ugly on my machine, this may be down to mplayer again, I've seen screencaps where this issue didn't exist

Shinsen also seem okay.

Can anyone who knows japanese tell who has the most accurate/best translation?

Also on the quality front I believe that Menclave went on the record as saying that their one was the most accurate to the TV version, while AIA's was sharpened in the encoding. I'm nonplussed myself. The only thing I can tell is that shinsen has the worst image due to being in standard def