Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 17:31   Link #692
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, how do you know that those merchants only count on their account books? For all we know, they can also do some observation on the outside world and new territories to broaden their horizon, not merely watching their usual trading routes or account books.
It is not necessary for me to prove that they only look at their account books. I merely have to prove that they can assess the beneficial effects of the war on them by only looking at their account books. I have shown this. Therefore, it is not permissible to conclude that they have a grasp of the bigger picture by their comment on the benefits of war.

Quote:
Mind you that in his/her initial post, Kuromitsu only mentioned economy not macroeconomics.
Let’s examine the original quote, then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The impression I got from episode 1 is that the Demon King is the only one who has any idea about economy
First, it is quite obvious that “economy” here refers to the financial aspect of nations (and as such really should be “the economy” or “economies” instead of “economy” alone). The series refers to the financial aspect of nations when it discusses economics. The people in this topic refer to the financial aspect of nations. And you yourself make this assumption. [1] [2] [3]

What is macroeconomics? It is the study of the workings of an economy as a whole. In other words, macroeconomics is the big picture of economies. I merely used a simple substitution of equivalent terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I just think it would be boring because in this case it boils down to one person being Right and everyone else being Wrong, Ignorant or Misguided who need to be set right by the one being right as if she was some sort of a Messiah.
You assume that the setting of right of what everyone else is doing wrong means that the person that is doing the “setting right” is some sort of Messiah. It can be done this way, of course, e.g. Gundam Seed; and it can even be done violently, e.g. Children of Dune, but it is not a necessary consequence. The solution to how to “set everyone right” can be subtle and quite diabolical, as demonstrated in the short story “In a Good Cause-.” Having the person who is right be grandiose and didactic is a common failing, but it is not a necessary one where he is the one setting out to right the wrongs of the world.