View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 10:48   Link #152
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
If I were in her shoes but very open-minded and willing to accept the past as it is, I would have no problem dealing with all sorts of fans as long as I have a thick hide (which should be requisite for any public figure).

But unfortunately, with her having a huge load of emotional baggage, what with some really bothersome fans, with some co-stars (two have committed suicide) and collaborators (Ishiguro) dead, and some American who took the whole saga, changed everything including the dialogue (thus affecting the feel and characterization of the original, which in turn created a stereotype and an irresistible target for haters), and called it his own creation.

All this baggage is enough to seriously make a dent into her personality, and because she seems unable to let go of her trauma, it becomes hard to do the things she really wants to do, purportedly messing up her ability as an artist.

I don't know what inner demons she still have to fight off, but this outburst would have not happened if only she could be more open about the past, emotionally firm, and able to understand the significance of being Minmay and the feelings of well-meaning fans, even if it's just one voice-acting role that had made a very huge impact for some people and the industry as a whole.
Yes...but you said she should move PAST the Minmay image. She did that, but you didn't pay attention.

Then she got on your case for not paying attention. You were "disappointed" by that.

What does she need to do to tell you that she needs your support for what she's doing NOW, not what she did 30 years ago?

You could've bought any of her albums at any time over the last 30 years, yet you chose not to...and you get upset because she claims you're not helping her out.

Is she wrong...? How many albums have you bought from her recently?