View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 01:05   Link #125
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Part A:
On a quasi-random note, I think it's interesting how people keep complaining about the screentime and focus that Faldio is getting in this adaptation. This reminds me of a certain other romance-centric show where viewers got mad that the show's main heroines were being chronicled because they were the losers and not the winners (and people felt they were "robbed" of the show they thought they were "promised"). And I sort of feel, in many ways, that this is what this anime is trying to do -- it's chronicling the "fallen" as much if not more so than it's chronicling the "heroes". But people can't seem to reconcile the fact that the show is giving focus to characters who aren't, in other senses, the "lead characters". Part of this, I suppose, is because they just don't like the characters being focused on as much as the true "main characters" or the way they've had to develop the "main characters" as a result, but I don't think that's the whole story either.

Part B (not really all that related to Part A):
Anyway, all in all I find that this forum is rather oppressive, with people constantly harping on how the anime writers are incompetent and how the show is a total disaster as if this is foregone objective conclusion. Most of these complaints are the very same we've had for months now, but it's as if there's a core group of people (we might call them "fans") who just don't tire of patting each other on the backs with their shared dislike for the show. I don't think some even watch it anymore; they just wait for someone else to post some screenshots or comments, and then take turns circle-beating the show for the latest perceived failure. How disgraceful. This isn't to say that people should only post if they have something nice to say, as legitimate criticism is certainly welcome, but the opinions of those still enjoying the show have been effectively drowned out, giving further rise to the impression that the only people left are fellow haters. A look around the blogosphere and on other anime forums does not seem to support this conclusion.

So, a request. Negative opinions are definitely welcome, but if it's beyond you to state your opinions without coming across as an arrogant, condescending prick, then you are welcome to leave. Circle-beating "me too" type replies that add nothing to the discussion, and any form of image retort or reply, are equally suspect. Those unable to tell the difference between these and legitimate posts will be "assisted" in this process. And before you act all offended, please carefully re-read the paragraph to consider if your actions truly warrant your feeling included. If they do warrant your feeling included, then the offense is intended. This sort of behaviour is in violation of the Forum Rules. Replies to this request in this thread will be summarily deleted; you are welcome to contact me via PM if you have concerns.

Even though you may dislike the show passionately, this forum is intended to be a place where legitimate discussion of the content of the anime can occur. If your only contribution is to whine, whinge, and moan about how they're not giving you the anime you've always wanted and feel you "rightfully deserve", episode threads aren't the right place for that. We're here to discuss the content of the episode in the anime as presented, and possibly to make fair and legitimate comparisons to the material as presented in the game, where applicable. If you're not here for those reasons, or reasons that are otherwise compatible with the purpose of this thread, you may leave.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-08-27 at 09:31. Reason: Clarification -- I should have made two different posts, because the two parts are mostly unrelated