View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 19:34   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I think now it is pretty clear that Smoker is using armament Haki. He did a similar attack during the previous chapter, but it was hard to tell whether his fist was drawn black because of his Haki or because of the glove. Since I'm pretty sure he doesn't were elbow pads though, we can savely assume that he is using Haki to fight Vergo, now.

I've said this like a hundred times already, but there shouldn't have been any reason at all to doubt that Smoker can wield haki now. He's a vice-admiral after all, and it was confirmed just a mere few chapters before the skip that ALL VAs are capable of using it. So why should Smoker (who's currently a VA) be an exception? Occam's Razor, people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With this Devil Fruit revelation, I'm confused. I would think that Devil Fruits were all artificially made and not natural.

Pretty sure that the original devil fruits are "natural" in a sense. Or at least existed long enough that they're considered as such. After all, the fact that there's even a DF encyclopedia shows that they're something that's been researched for centuries. So my guess is that if they AREN'T produced from nature, then whatever method was used to create them in the first place was so complicated that it would only take the most brilliant of minds to "recreate" them. And remember, Bartholomew Kuma even once said that Vegapunk was the kind of genius that only comes along once every several hundred years......