View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 19:35   Link #48
Tsukou

[mod edit: remove response to removed quote]

As for the people who find this episode lackluster, I wonder what people are looking to get out of this anime sometimes. I thought the story wrapped up very nicely, and the story was engaging enough that I wasn't looking at the time to see how much was left, but was left to simply watch it carry out.

It introduces this new antagonistic group, as well as builds the relationship between Asuna and Kirito. And I actually enjoyed the reason behind the murder, Grimlock probably thought he would lose her at this rate, and would rather never see that happen. And the scene with Asuna and Kirito looking at Griselda I thought was quite beautiful tbh. The pacing wasn't slow and it wasn't fast. I'm guessing people just want all the story done right now, and I'm just enjoying it week by week. I don't need intense battle action scenes all the time

But this episode kind of reminds me how this entire arc started. Kirito started off on this nice day of perfect weather, laying back and enjoying himself. He realized that he needs to take the time to just lie on the grass and enjoy what's been given to him from time to time. This is the kind of arc, that we as viewers also can lay back and simply enjoy our time watching, and I think it's a good thing. I enjoyed myself.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote