View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 22:36   Link #5
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
The person who told me to go nVidia said AMD drivers are still bad. AMD drivers have gotten much better and I can just ignore his claims? I should just go with AMD? I'd like to, I have an affinity for Radeons; I am drawn to them more than Geforce cards.
I can only use my opinion in return, but my current AMD card/Catalyst driver is doing perfectly fine with almost all games I play, and most certainly all new games I play. The ones I have to google up solutions for are retro games and stuff.

If you're drawn to the Radeons, buy the Radeons. There isn't such a fundamental difference between the two major designers any more than you can't just choose from your heart. You'll be happy either way...lucky bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Question: Do they plan to develop more LGA 1155 i5s and i7s? Do you think in 12 months or even 18 months from now they might release new i5s and i7s of that socket type?
The Haswells are going to run on a new socket type, LGA 1150, so, no. Your motherboard and CPU are going to be married till death to they part.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote