View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 01:30   Link #17
Stealthtank

Huh, Well I'm a little late. Let me state that ATI/AMD's driver issues are in the past. I haven't heard anything about driver issues in the present. Not like it was many years ago at least.

Uhh... yes. Putting your OS on a SSD will provide a substantial tangible increase in performance. Much faster boot times for the OS and programs. Reduced loading time for games or whatever is loading a significant amount of data. Using cheaper (and higher capacity) magnetic hard drives for storage of time-insensitive data is a good idea.

The manufacturer warranty on that Samsung Spinpoint is one year. Is that what you mean by reliability? I know little of this topic. I use a Seagate HDD. Seagate and Western Digital make up most of the market now. Actually I think Samsung's HDD business was absorbed by Seagate.

RAID I know only theory (I don't even know how to set it up). Err... if you're really concerned about data safety then I doubt you'd be using RAID 0. If you're using RAID 1 you'd only end up with 1 TB of storage space but with (theoretically) twice the mechanical reliability. Using RAID 0 nets you 2 TB but with double the chance of catastrophic failure.

Last edited by Stealthtank; 2012-10-01 at 01:31. Reason: Left out a verb.
Stealthtank is offline   Reply With Quote