View Single Post
Old 2011-12-27, 04:51   Link #156
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Let's get real: Has there ever been a company financial statement that doesn't aim to show the rosiest possible picture of the firm's finances?
Those major companies looking to reconsolidate or reprice their shares?

Quote:
To get to the meat, we'd need insider info, but it's not like we'd catch such a break on an amateur forum. Still, for what it's worth, revenue information is better than no information at all. Better yet, revenue data is harder to fudge than profit figures, so some analysts would prefer to know that, especially in the case of start-ups, which generally aren't expected to be profitable in their early years.

And I do have a vested interest in seeing Crunchyroll succeed, since I'm one of those 70,000 subscribers.
I don't want CR to be too successful or else those anime companies are going to lie on their laurels again and refuse to adapt to the constantly changing media industry.

I don't think I want it to go down under either because it stands as a force against overpriced hardcopy distribution. The lacking of financials and that ambiguious statement about profits made me suspect that they are looking for more liquidity to pay out their shareholders rather than concentrating on getting the business stable : a sign of hype to damage to credibility of the industry should it collapse.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-12-27 at 05:02.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote