Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 13:31   Link #1217
4Tran

I get the feeling that Girls und Panzer was planned out as a 2-cour show. There are so many characters with lots of backstory that there won't be enough time in a single cour show to explore properly. Similarly, there seems to be a lot more untold details about the different schools than we've been shown. They probably couldn't fund a 2-cour show properly, so it's going to be a single season.

I'd say it's for the best as 2-cour shows are more difficult to manage, and a mess up like this would have far more serious consequences. It'd also mean that each episode had to be tightened up and absolutely packed with content. And really it's the amount of content that breathes life into the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Episode 5.5 is as feared a recap episode without any new scenes at all. Mostly it's Miho introducing her circumstances, then her friends in the first half. Second half is slightly more interesting with Miho introducing the other team's individual members by name (finally), and Yukari providing intro on the tanks and some technical tidbits (The Matilda II's are identified as the Mk.III/ Mk.IV model).
This is sorely needed. We don't need a recap on the main characters, but there isn't an elegant way to introduce the other characters in a normal episode. I wonder how much detail they go into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Motofumi Kobayashi is not pleased...

- Tak
Isn't that guy already working on the show? What's he going to do, put yet more eyepatches on girls?