Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-23, 20:10   Link #1679
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sorry, guys, but I think you're engaging in some very wishful thinking here.

Could be interpreted as jealousy? No way, orion, there wasn't the slightest hint of jealousy to it. And contrary to what you're arguing, it could be interpreted as disgust, and that's the interpretation that makes the most sense to me. If he was just thinking that she already has a boyfriend, it would make more sense for him to say "Us hold hands? You really think your boyfriend would be Ok with that?"
As I see it your denial is as strong as other people wishfull thinking. There was no jelouse nor particular disgust. Despite of all Hikari development he is still brat and thus he would have big problem even if Manaka asked him do same. And didn't you mentioned he see her just like sister before anyway? In that case holding hands shouldn't be problem either.

Quote:
And as for Miuna being the main POV character, that's certainly debatable. It may apply to the latest episode, but the one before it clearly had Hikari as the main POV character (with Miuna absent from a lot of scenes).

And let's not forget the oldest and most ironclad anime romance rule of them all - First girl wins. And who's the first girl? Manaka.

It's fine to be hopeful, but I really think that viewers should be prepared for things not going Miuna's way.
It was Hikari before of Time-skip, but Myuna after that. It's that simple. Also don't forget there case when first girls doesn'T win. In these case there exist alternative law: "Last girl wins" for example.

In storytelling there no such thing as Ironclad rule. And you shouldn't forget whole that time-skip did massive boost to Myuna chancess as you don't have to be in same age category to have unriquired crush.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote