View Single Post
Old 2013-10-16, 18:11   Link #33
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
The other ninja are essentially useless in both battles, but I'll definetly admit the Pein arc was worse in that regard. The entire village couldn't even take out one Pein body. Not one.The author could have had them take out a couple then face the problem of them being resurrected, but no, not even the weakest one was taken down. Of course upon arrival, Naruto takes one out with a single hit lol
The teamwork rhetoric in this manga is a load of BS; I wouldn't pay it much attention. The equation is really Naruto, emotionally charged with wanting to protect his friends is stronger than anyone else charged by hatred or some nihilistic motivation. If teamwork actually meant as much as is touted in this manga, Naruto's team would actually be able to accomplish non-trivial feats, which hasn't been the case for some time now.

In this chapter, the team seems to be "sharing the glory" by being involved in the attack, yet this is but another attack that Naruto could have just as well have done himself and probably would have been stronger going solo, considering what a Naruto clone is capable of these days. So, the question becomes, in context of battle, what practical use are Naruto's friends if the author only allows them to do something significant when Naruto gives them the kyuubi's power?

Sadly, other than your typical utility-type sidekick assistance, some of their greatest work has been either getting mortally wounded or killed in battle, thereby providing our hero with the necessary emotional motivation needed to couragously press on :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
so naruto intends to have all his friends in the middle of the blast ... makes sense ... hold my balls
I laughed to myself this morning wondering if anyone actually believed that this was really teamwork. Several chapters ago, Naruto was even controlling the kyuubi cloaks on the alliance, essentaially fighting for them, and now we have the rookies wearing his sage-like cloak and using his signature move... Sharing the glory indeed.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote