View Single Post
Old 2008-03-14, 01:51   Link #83
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Putting it like that, and considering how short volume fourteen is, it was easily possible to merge the stories (no pub intended). I'm no screen writer but something like this should have been obvious. SnH was just cleared for more Hecate moments, which basically screws over our twenty one weeks of waiting.
So you're saying the only reason the ending was changed was to give Hecate more screentime because she serves as a form of fanservice? Um, I really think you're reading too much into that. While I'm sure it's true that her popularity leads to them wanting to use her more, I don't think there's any reason to assume that they dropped the novel storyline just for the sake of her character.

As for why she was the one to take the Reiji Maigo, well she is the most obvious choice since she was the one who put the seal on it back in ep 15 and has the most prior established connection Yuji. It's true that Hecate has been given a bigger role in the anime than the novels, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. They've given a greater depth to her character than simply being SnH's priestess.