View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 10:36   Link #2001
Siddyus
The Insidious

Quote:
Impressive well-thought explanation. The only thing I can say is that this isn't a scientific vs. religious debate, this is a science vs. science debate. Both "scientific" and "religious" theories are both theories---perhaps the latter doesn't coincide with present understood reality but "reality" itself is another argument. The presence of God are quite valid scientific theories...its just a matter of difference in origins/innovators. Darwin Vs. Abraham perhaps?
Umm, since when religion became a "theory"? for all I know. People view it as it as the real thing. That everything that is stated in their holy book really happened. No proof needed. And the presence of God has never been valid yet scientifically. There is just no way to ever validate it.

Quote:
Christians' God is a man named Jesus. ( I understand "the three beings in one" concept but still...this is the fact.)
No, Christianity's God is God/The Father. Jesus is God's son and the saviour of our race.

Quote:
I've actually been waiting for these types of questions. I might as well include these questions: "Why does God let people suffer?" "Why does he let children live in poverty?".

This is what I mean by a "test". A test on "faith"(believing in the less tangible), "actions"(good or bad actions), and the situational "fate" he has created to test if others hwere to react well-enough upon oters' ill fates. The complexity of Allah is bothersome(we truly don't know how he manages humanity and what all of his purposes are...what we can only depend on is "faith")....but it does show "wit" in some aspects.
A test? I'd say that is BS. If he is "all merciful" and benevolent. He should have just forgave us long ago. All I can say is. Religion is self contradicting. As flawed as the humans who first thought of it.

Quote:
This is the value of independence. Your out there to save yourselves. You choose: "Heaven" or "Hell"?
He gave us independence. Yet he made a "hell" so unbelievers would be punished. Then whats the point of our independence then if our so-called God only desires for use to believe on him and be faithful even though he already had forsaken us?

Last edited by Siddyus; 2009-09-24 at 10:52.
Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote