View Single Post
Old 2010-05-01, 11:23   Link #6
gamnark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Can I ask what happened to translating the OP?

I like to know why someone decided to do this series. It's very old and very niche. Not many even know this series. There were no source to acquire it from. Unless you knew someone with an old VHS copy. I finally saw the DVD boxset a few years ago. So I was pleased that they released it in Japan. I hope that group AKF will stay the course. Because it's a loooooog series. Thank you for taking the time.
Hey, gamnark from AKF here.

I've always been picky about subtitles getting in the way of the opening and ending visuals, so we'll be rotating from clean, romaji, translated, clean. Look forward to the translated opening/ending on episode 3.

The reason I picked this up is because our local anime club was screening Lovely Complex, a more recent anime about a short boy and tall girl, and this series came to mind (LoveCom is also pretty good, I'd recommend it). A friend of mine is a classic anime buff, and she had told me about Kabocha Wine a year or so ago.
I've committed to doing the first 5 episodes. After that it'll depend on the interest of our other members to continue it, or if another group would like to help I'd be willing to work with them.

Hope you enjoy it!
gamnark is offline   Reply With Quote