View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 22:22   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The mecha genre is not just about robots fighting each other, it is about robots being the extension of the human will. The mecha is the medium for the characters to spread their message.

The Evangelion Units, Nirvash, Gaogaigar, Aquarion, Gunbuster, Ideon, King Gainer, Gurren Lagann, 00 Riser etc., all of them are mediums for the pilot to channel their will. Be it love and courage, determination, understanding, the mecha is there to help the characters make their point and spread the message.
Actually this more or less highlights my view on mecha as well. I see it as a means to an end more than the end itself. Basically when I see a show has mecha in it I almost kind of expect an intricate and complex storyline, interesting and diverse characters and factions, and some sort of message to be conveyed in the end. It also helps when there's some cool action sequences on the way, but that's more of a secondary appeal for me. Also I'm kind of just a fan of mecha design in general. I'm one of those guys that grew up playing strategy games and reading about the history and evolution of armoured combat from old books my Grandpa left me and have also sort of developed an eye for intricate mechanical design that comes purely from the imagination alone. It's fun stuff for me really, especially when it comes to actually building model kits.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote