View Single Post
Old 2009-12-30, 20:56   Link #183
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Mihawk could have split the giant gold fish by himself....

Giants are too obvious to be truly powerful (they are obviously compensating for something...). Smaller packages with extreme power are far more interesting than giants with great power.

Oh, I've no doubt that Mihawk could slash that sea monster in half with relative ease, but I still think it would be neat if there were at least one giant whose strength and skill is actually proportionate to his size (again, Oz doesn't count since he was a zombie). Also, remember that the sea king in question was a creature that literally ate (and crapped out) islands. So if two Elbaf warriors were powerful enough to slash that thing apart, just think of what a single high-tier giant would be capable of. I have no problem with normal-sized characters having great power, but I still think the bigger guys should at least get the opportunity to prove that they're large and in charge for once too, y'know?

And yes, I fully welcome a giant with a DF power appearing in the series at some point, particularly one with some whacked-out Paramecia ability. Again, Elbaf seems to be the best time to introduce such a character.....