View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 01:33   Link #605
Kagekyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
Spoiler for Spoilered just to be safe, though its not about ch65:

I have often wondered that myself. That’s why I didn't recommend it to my friends, who, although they like anime and manga, it’s the more mainstream stuff like Eyehield 21, Hitman, Naruto, and some of the other more popular series. They would have been way too disturbed by the first three episodes of the anime, and cringed away from the manga. I only recommended this series to two people who I knew would both like it, and be able to handle it.

Also, I don't think you are sick; but if you are, then I'll be joining the party.
I once tricked one of my friends into reading this when he asked me for good manga. I slipped this and Narutaru into a reading list with mostly comedy and shonen series. When he got around to Bokurano he kept asking me if it'll get better. I said yes. Took him until Chizuru's arc till he realized I wasn't referring to kids' well being. It's a shame he didn't like it, it's also a shame that he didn't get to Narutaru first cause that's a lot more devastating to a person's psyche

And I don't think either of you are sick. It's a story, you don't have to feel sorry for the characters because they aren't real. After reading so many kinds of manga, I've become so immune to all the shocking parts of anime that almost nothing can surprise me anymore. I am a little worried why things that should have a really big negative impact on a normal person doesn't even get an 'ugh' out of me anymore. Admittedly though the downer power of this manga is a big factor in what makes it so interesting.