View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 07:28   Link #86
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
"Do or do not, there is no try"
I hate repeating myself, but there is no need to classify someone as simply good or evil. Even in fiction, almost any intention or thought is of varying shades of gray. People need to recognize that there is such thing as "try", and that you can't simply say someone "did" or "did not" to "good" or "evil". It is this failure to recognize that there are many possibility between two opposing aspects of a situation that is at the root of many of what is wrong with the society and the world.

Rita is fallible and have faults just like all human being. While she may had wrong ideas and part of her intention was bad, what should also be recognized was that she was the reason why Mashiro had no need to care for anything other than arts during her time at London. More importantly, she repented. When someone as young as she repents for her action, and if the consequence of her action caused no physical nor mental harm to the other people, I would be very forgiving of that person. I actually believe the consequence of Rita getting Mashiro interested in manga is Mashiro gaining valuable experiences that she could not have if she stayed in London. As someone who was fortunate enough to have interacted with many artists, I can say that variety and depth of experiences often is the key factor as to whether an artist or performer can enjoy long successful career or flame out after a short period of success. Rita, unintended, may have given Mashiro better foundation to grow as a person and likely as artist as well. She also ended up understanding her ownself better. While her past actions may be frowned upon, it would be callous to denounce her as evil person deserving of severe punishments.

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-12-14 at 07:40.