View Single Post
Old 2008-02-25, 01:35   Link #16
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien comes to mind. Everyone either or hated it depending on how they felt about the ending.
Though I know that I shouldn't further discuss this, it's not really relevant to Kimibou as much, and won't invoke flaming to an extreme extent.

The ending of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien isn't as central to the series, especially since the main topic regarding the ending is Haruka (not Haruhi) vs. Mitsuki.
It's easy to take either side, but it's the same with some true harem anime, like Shuffle!, Ichigo 100%, and probably not many more, since the choice isn't obvious from the first couple of episodes.
School Days ending was the most controversial topic of the series, and is inarguably the most memorable part of the series, while Kimi ga Nozomu Eien had several other parts to be considered, episode two, Mitsuki's shenanigans, episode twelve, etc.

Continuing from that point, I genuinely enjoyed School Days, though I wouldn't say I loved it. It was a fun anime that started mellow and grew into a drama, though I agree that many points of it were overplayed and overexaggerated, and ended with quite a bang.