View Single Post
Old 2008-05-25, 11:42   Link #276
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Okay, back on my feet.

After having my plans for the plot significantly derailed, I went back to the drawing board and decided to start from scratch with a completely new setup for the first Arc, which will probably extend into a completely different story altogether... but we'll wait and see about that.

My new plot idea focuses on a trio of Enforcers fresh out of the academy being assigned to an instructor to get them used to the workload, like what I think Fate and Tia are doing as of the end of StrikerS. The three mages are Vivio, Iris, and either Syn (If Kero will let me borrow her) or another OC. Iris's backstory is going down one of two paths, both of which involve adoption at some point, one by Fate, and the other by none other than Kiritsugu "Magicide" Emiya, who also happens to be the new squad leader.

Kiritsugu is a textbook example of a Badass Normal. He has very little magical power, but he has more kills and arrests to his name than virtually any other Enforcer in the bureau. He uses old-fashioned firearms outfitted with orichalcum rounds, which have significant penetration power against standard shields and barrier jackets due to the natural AMF properties of orichalcum (The manufacturing of orichalcum is a closely-guarded family secret, so Kiritsugu's are the only guns that can do this).

Now, the question I have for Goose and anybody who's done similar work: what kind of tactics and spells should I give to Kiritsugu, who is somewhere between C and B+, to justify his reputation and enhance his effectiveness as a mage hunter?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote