View Single Post
Old 2009-10-27, 18:44   Link #103
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I'd like to know what's exactly the relationship between Bernkastel and Rika. Is Frederika Bernkastel some alter-ego created by Rika, or is the witch an actual independent existence?
As far as I know there has been no explanations on the connection Fredrica Bernkastel has with the Higurashi plotline, there are many assumptions on that though, and ecpecially on the overall plot of the When They Cry series now that a character with the exact same name has appeared in Umineko.

One favored theory of mine is that the When They Cry series is acctually a lot more close-knit then we think, and the ACTUAL main protagonist is Bernkastel. It's possible she's some supernatural being who finds entertainment by jumping between worlds and time periods looking for interesting situations which will result in a lot of time and thinking for the "actors" to solve. Also sometimes Bernkastel will take a form most suitable for interacting in that situation if she feels she can make things more interesting (i.e. An older woman in Higurashi, and a young-looking witch in Umineko), which gives the idea that MAYBE she doesn't acctually have a true physical form.

Anyway, if this is true, then you can expect to have a Fredrica Bernkastel character in When They Cry 5 and 6 as well.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2009-10-27 at 23:30.