Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 23:26   Link #15002
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I agree about closing loopholes on the rich. I don't believe I've ever stated otherwise. Republicans and Democrats alike have complicated the tax system so badly in their favor, it's pathetic.

And that's nice that you wouldn't mind paying 5% more of your income to help the Government out. I however, would not if I had a choice. Which I don't. The Government gets far too much of my money, and that of other people as it is. The majority of the Middle Class already believe we're taxed too much, and we do not want to contribute more of our money, or anyone else's tax payer money to the Government.
It depends if the middle class is defined as those making 200,000 or 100,000 a year. Personally that not very middle class to me. And I think everyone no matter the money they make will bitch and complain about how the government is taking there hard earned money. Whether it a 1000 or 10,000 in taxes they'll be equally as indignigant about their money being "wasted".

It's like they don't use anything that the government provides like the highway, public transportation, garbage collection, etc. A lot of people contribute to program that they themselves will never benefit from. That is part of being a society.

Quote:
synaesthetic: You want to complain about the cost of tuition and school, dig into where all of that education money goes every year. Start with all of the bureaucracy that goes on in school, as well as the salaries of teachers... And the fact that I have to pay for people like you to go to school, pisses me off to no end. I have no children, I'm not in school myself, but am trying to make it on my own in life, and I have to subsidize you. Yeah lets make life all that much more difficult for people in the middle class.

And I agree with Randy completely...
Personally I think if people are so repelled about contributing to the future of American society then they should get the hell out. Somalia has no real government to hound these poor victims. They can go there and live the sweet life. Some people today are just American when it doesn't cost them anything but when they have to contribute or sacrifice they blanch.

I think teachers get a bad rap. Certainly there are a few with some issues but the do a decent job for piss poor pay. If you think teachers are making bank you're delusional. If you cut their pay more down all your going to do is lose more of the qualified ones who will find better paying jobs not that we already aren't. And in the end of it they get treated like shit and everything that goes wrong with a children has to do with them, not the apathetic parents who spend most of their days more concerned with making a buck than rearing their children.