View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 17:28   Link #76
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's a bit unfair to compare adaptations the way many people tend to do. Take a movie based on a book. A book can have a lot more details because it can go on for pages about vivid descriptions but a movie only has a short time to relay all of this to the audience. Certain things can exist in written form that are not as good in the visual form. Take introspective scenes that can be interesting to read in a book, but it can be boring to watch the same thing. Of course, none of this is absolute, but it can be unreasonable to expect a 1:1 ratio on things. It's also possible to have things that are terrible adaptations but are good in their own right, unless of course you assume the source was perfect too. Of course it's subjective in that sense too.

I haven't seen the episode yet aside from those preview pics but the anime as a whole has been pretty entertaining, though even as an anime-only watcher I can tell that the characterization has been horribly botched, though episodes 18-22 were pretty respectable. Of course the artists are terrible and our director has no sense of subtlety whatsoever but I still managed to find the plots interesting and at least some of the horror aspects work well. In any case, they have been doing better since the second half when it was just totally haphazard in the first half.

In the end, it's just a show.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews