View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 14:19   Link #83
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why would anyone say something that malicious? Goddammit, I hate Japan so much.
Let's be fair -- American hidden camera shows have done far, far worse. There was one on the SciFi channel where they'd make people think they were about to be murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I would have found the prank a lot funnier if it was pulled on a star seiyuu,first because it would take some actual guts to pull it (while taking a no name doesn't) and because even if the star doesn't get the role he still would have a career.
Even then, calling someone in to a fake interview isn't funny unless the job they're applying for is ridiculous. Getting Jun Fukuyama to read the husband role in an NTR hentai anime would be hilarious. Getting him to read an ordinary script and then telling him he doesn't have the job, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
No doubt that losing face in general is a way bigger thing over there than anywhere else, but it's not like he's never going to get another job or his friends would start bullying him or something. Some people here make it out like this was the biggest possible "humiliation" and start spouting about losing his face, when it was just a stupid prank.
Humiliation doesn't just come from the nature of the prank, but in how many people see it. How many people listen to these kinds of radio shows? I assume it's in the thousands at least. So, yeah, being rejected for a job and then made fun of by your peers in front of that many people would be a major humiliation.