View Single Post
Old 2009-08-04, 01:17   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Another suggestion is to switch to another Anti-virus. Most of the free ones like AVG and Avast! are going to have problems with false-positives as proved in this Anti-virus report.

Kaspersky and NOD32 have the least amount of false positives and have a good detection rate, but it will cost money.

Another suggestion is disabling Autorun so it will prevent the auto-installation of malware when a USB storage device is plugged in
no need to switch because of a false positive, AVG has even more false positive alerts than Avast
although AVG is good it isn't the best, specially when it comes to possible viruses on usb sticks etc. I plug a virus corrupted stick in my AVG protected pc, nothing is alerted and my pc was fcked so many times it decided it didn't want to boot up normally anymore, I plugged it into a pc downstairs with Avast, whamo usb gets frozen in action and I get the virus alerts AVG wasn't giving me and was allowed to wipe it clean without getting infected

for a free anti-virus stick to Avast no need to switch cause of a false positive lol
and if you are very hesitant, send the file to

http://www.virustotal.com/

you send the file you are suspicious of and then it'll be analyzed and you can see the results of various anti virus and their thoughts on it, is it a virus or not lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote