View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 20:54   Link #147
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 2?

What? Wait a minute, am I watching the right show?? Oh, yeah, that's it. We are already being shown a Miyuki that "isn't such a bad guy" so we will forget all that hate and verbal abuse he laid on Izumiko just last week. This is quite the accelerated pace of turning the bad boy into a good boy.

Like "Stockholm Syndrome," there must be a trope name for what will most likely happen between Izumiko and Miyuki, I just can't think of it (if there is one), at the moment. Nice girl gets treated like crap by cruel and abusive abductor protector, yet she falls in love with him anyway. He has a tragic past which is supposed to make us sympathize with him and forgive him for all the abuse he dumps on the leading lady because he really does have a heart of gold. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Okay, Episode 2 didn't make me want to throw things at my screen -- Miyuki seemed a little more tame this time around. I also like how both Izumiko and Miyuki still interact with one another a fair amount despite their high amount of dislike for one another.
I, for one, found the interplay between the two, after last week's episode, quite unbelievable. Izumiko running to Miyuki for help? Did I miss an episode or two? No, this is just to much. Maybe we are supposed to be clairvoyant enough to imagine what has happened in the interim that would so drastically alter the way they now interact from the last episode (assuming this really was the 2nd episode I just watched).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Now that the monk guy told Miyuki he's free to go, I'm sure Miyuki wants to be back in the game.
No doubt you're right about that, and that will be yet another unbelievable turn of events. The Miyuki in the 1st episode would definitely jump ship, given the opportunity, in the 3rd episode. Once again, I feel that I've missed something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't think we need to be fed information so we are never confused.
I agree with this, to an extent. But some shows don't feed enough info (or skip over too much of the source material) which results in an end product that is very unsatisfactory for the majority of viewers. Just look at the comments in the R;N thread after the last episode just aired, for example.

Quote:
I've made a characters/seiyuus page with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and info about each seiyuu. I'll add characters as new ones appear (and they will).
Your character pages are always appreciated. Thanks.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote