View Single Post
Old 2006-11-02, 10:51   Link #54
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
EDIT: oh also a little unrelated - I noticed someone advertising for a scene timer earlier... is it just me, or isn't scene-timing part of the whole timing job? Why would any group need a specified scene timer?
You'd think so, and for the most case, you're right. But there can be some timer who knows how to do the basic timing using the given software, and knows the concept of scene timing, but can't catch the 1/2-frame scene bleeds. For many of us, we can't realize they are there until we're pointed to them. Afterall, these bleeds happen for less than 1/10 of a second each. You have to have really good set of eyes, or knows when it feels "funny" when there's such bleeds.

Tools such as Sabbu's key frame timing feature and/or Aegisub's timing post processor makes these jobs easier for the scene timer (or let the rough timer help the scene timer a lot), but these tools are not perfect. It's still the scene timer's job to decide which intentional bleed looks good and which bleed should be taken care of more rigorously.

So... if someone wants to split the job of rough timing and scene timing, I guess they have the liberty to....
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote