View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 13:01   Link #4
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
So this proposal is like the same idea but using different means of the previous proposal by felix. So instead of booting out all the ranters to a different part of the forum, we allocate all the fanboy/girls.
Wouldn't this kind of hurt the normal topics, if the fans of the shows will start expressing their opinions of the current episodes or the show overall in the new threads? Thus making the original threads kind of redundant.
I am not against or for this proposal yet, but that's the first thing that i thought.
Well, it's a bit different in that it's not suggesting one place for fans and one place for critics, but rather it's suggesting one place for everybody and an added place for dedicated fans (if they so choose).

Now, many anime shows likely would never get a series thread in my proposed "Fans Retreat" subforum.

For example, it would be redundant to have Another series thread in a "Fans Retreat" subforum because the proper series thread for Another is very positive and fan-friendly as it is.

If you want an example of a currently airing anime show (and its fans) that would probably benefit from my proposal then I point to Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! There's been significant butting of heads on that thread between critics and fans of the show. In this case, I'm with the critics. However, I can tell that some of the fans of Papa no Iu Koto would like to be able to discuss the show just amongst themselves without having to deal with Usagi Drop comparisons, criticisms of fanservice, etc...

Well, with a "Fans Retreat" subforum, those fans of Papa no Iu Koto could create a series thread for it there, enabling them to talk about it just amongst fellow fans when they so choose.

Now as a critic of this anime, I'd like this as well as I think it would enable us who have issues with Papa no Iu Koto to more readily voice them without having to face considerable backlash over every critical post.

tl;dr My proposed "Fans Retreat" wouldn't divide fans and critics for all shows, but just create a bit more disengagement between both sides for more contentious shows, as this would probably be beneficial to the overall level of decorum on this site. It's something that could improve the overall atmosphere for fans and critics alike, making both feel more free to say what they want to say about the show. As an added bonus, we could post threads for older anime shows.