Thread: A Laugh A Day
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 11:23   Link #23289
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yay American hate, jealous much that we revolutioned away from the british, made our own country and made it 1000 times better than yours? I would be too.

I wouldn't say it's "american hate" or anything; nobody is hating on "individuals". There is this view that the whole "fight against evil" places you in this way too convenient "help to restore the country [by bringing in all our corporations]" that seems to be supported by some problems you had prior. You then have the whole issue of war. War is war, there's nothing "justifiable" about it. Let's just say you've made a lot of people angry with the amount of shameless pompous pampering you continuously placed on it. Of course this ego you have on your own history and how you (constantly) project this forward to the rest the world as "we are perfect, we can do no wrong!" is obviously another problem point.

Well anyway, it's basically just another negative view; nothing more. That doesn't mean its racism; though I'm sure there are actual racists out there that might have motives that would coincide with some of the examples I gave. But back to why it isn't racism. For example, you might not see North Korea all too well (because of various actions taken by their government), or see China in a pretty iffy light too (because of just how their government works), why is it so surprising people in other countries don't see you any better? Going to war, invading another nation, all it does (in the eyes of the world) is satisfy some public/private political/economic goals you have while making the life of some people miserable. Nothing to be proud of.