View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 19:59   Link #113
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
@larethianI, Thanks for the info and Ai.
I have been a bit of a Ai fan since I heard the Drama CD.
Author's an Ai fan too! (3rd answer)

Finished volume 4.

My impression while reading:
  • Vol1: If Chiwa doesn't win, there's no god.
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 4/10, ok read, nothing too amazing, would've dropped it here if wasn't told it gets better otherwise.
  • Vol2: Hime is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute; I just want to hug her all day.
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 5.5/10, mostly the same, would've rated it higher if Mana wasn't a complete bitch.
  • Vol3: AI-CHAN DAISHOURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 6.5/10, Pachi Lemon is fail (笑
  • Vol4: I want nice boat end!
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 11/10, I literally read this series because people keep saying volume 4 is amazing. They weren't exaggerating. From what people keep telling me, I expected author to be bias toward Masuzu since "Masuzu end confirmed." There is definitely no bias. All the girls are perfect. Hime and Ai both started very likeable so while they continue to stay awesome therefore there aren't much improvement to be had (though Ai-chan was just way too funny, especially in the beginning of the volume). On the other hand, Chiwa got major, major points with her speech at the contest and her scene at the very end is extremely sweet and full of love. Masuzu also got boosted way the hell up with her interaction with Eita throughout the contest and the morning after. Personal development wise, her part in this volume is unmatched by anyone else (though Chiwa's definitely not far behind).
Without Volume 4, I cannot recommend this series to anyone. Quite honestly, like Yuuji^2 said in the afterwords of volume 1, this is not just a stereotypical story, this is a SUPER stereotypical story. Book 2 and 3 were able to introduce more elements to keep the interaction from getting stagnant, while Book 4 was able to completely boost all the girls (even Mana) and advance the plot without letting up the pace or introduce unnecessary drama. Being able to connect to the title at the very end is a good finishing touch too. Unless something crazy happened at volume 5 and 6 I wouldn't count Chiwa out of the competition yet, and she is indeed a very well written character. Seriously, that last scene in volume 4 is very befitting of a maiden of her stature and status. Cute without being overly diabetic.

Extremely satisfying reading through in one sitting. Volume 5 is supposed to be side stories so I'm in no hurry to read it. I know everyone like to "choose winners" for this type of stories, but I rather want a harem end (or nice boat as previously mentioned; DIE A-KUN). Both Chiwawa and Masuzu have very well constructed characters with amazing personalities, but Hime and Ai will just make you happy when reading about them.

This ended up being way longer than I wanted it to be, but the most amazing thing is
Spoiler for !!!:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote