View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 20:35   Link #113
kuromitsu

Yep. Kiroumaru & Squealer are opposites and foils to each other. But the focus of this is not their relationship with humans - to think so is, I think, a very human-centric POV. As bakenezumi, the relationship with humans is pretty much a sword of Damocles constantly hanging over their heads, that needs to be dealt with definitively.

Their differences lie in their worldview, goals and morals as bakenezumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonae View Post
As the viewers have already realized, the main theme of the plot is the relation between the humans and bakenezumi, and its development. So that describing, whenever given the opportunities, bakenezumi's society, civilization and their thoughts and mentalities was as important as describing the human's to give the viewers insights into them, but unfortunately it was abbreviated or omitted in many cases in this anime.
"Rebel against the false gods" is even the show's tagline, but they haven't really done as much as they could have with this theme, have they... But given the medium and the available time, I can't really blame them. (Except for when they would've had the time but used it for filler...)

Quote:
I hope in the next episode, the Tokyo expedition ends in the first 5 minitues and the rest is used for the aftermath of the rebellion (and what happened while Saki was in Tokyo), it seems there are so many things left to be told.
I'm pretty sure it won't end so soon. Even if they use montage for Saki explaining the situation and her plan, there's still the action itself, and you bet they'll make it really dramatic. 7-10 minutes at least, I say.

Quote:
but I think even a homemade IED, I think which can be easily made from farm or home chemicals, would do a much better job than the psykobuster. Bury them in some strategic places, if you get the report of sighting of the akki, order someone who knows nothing or an animal like nekodamashi to push a button to detonate the bomb....
I think IEDs are way too dangerous to keep around like that... As deadly as akki are, it's not like they pop up very often, so when there's no akki you have to deal with extremely dangerous weapons lying around (with most people presumably having no idea whatsoever that they're there in the first place). Plus, given how akki work, IIRC there's nothing that says they can't instinctively stop an explosion (12 year old Satoru could do it while he was barely conscious), and in any case a bomb only helps if the akki is relatively close to it. Otherwise they may get injured but that's all.

Quote:
And lastly, since nobody accuses Saki, I have to. Saki, you were entrusted the whole future of the village and still you did that? It's really disappointing thing for a one once deemed as a future village leader to have done. Regret what you have done in your grave and apologize to the maggots.
Well, technically she has nothing to regret... After all, if she hadn't done anything Satoru would've died even though he wouldn't have had to, they would've lost valuable pieces of information that may come very handy later on, and Saki herself would've lost the only support she had left, making her function worse as a leader.

I quite liked what she did. Was it a logical, cool-headed decision? Nope, not at all. But I think it was one of those game-changing gut based decisons that influence history all the time, to which not even the greatest leaders are immune. Saki may have made an emotional decision but in the end, it was the right decision. Luck (as it is) was on her side, which is also a valuable thing as far as leadership goes. (Not to mention, it was a nice plot twist, I'd never seen it coming in the book. Also it was a nice way to deal with the psycho buster that would've been a too convenient solution to the problem.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-03-20 at 20:48.