View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 12:25   Link #220
Vena
Carpe Diem

If Zen if Gen, I think we can say that Touma, Sirius, and parts of Apollo are all dead and for the most part content enough to not need to be reborn. Which, again, makes me think that Kagura is only the part of Apollo that was determined to reunite with Sylvie. It would go far to explain why he's so one tracked and so obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
Mykage said that the wings of the sun were revealed to them. Could he imply Amata? But, that would be odd, since Aquarion is wings of the sun.

Zessica seems to believe that Mikono is the reincarnation of Sylvie, and while she's in that hole, she believes Mikono is going to abandon Amata.

Amata's whole "not chosen thing" I think this might imply that he in fact might be chosen, and if we are right, that he is a part of Apollo.
I find it odd that Mykage said the wings had revealed themselves. To what could he have been referring? Amata's awakening was before Jin got involved in the battles and Mykage seems to have known about him from Alicia. Could he be referring to Mikono's awakening? But that's (especially after this episode) much more reminiscent of Sylvie than of the Wings of the Sun. Zessica? I don't recall her awakening anything other than falling in love. Maybe he's referring to Jin's actions being the force the brought about the wings in Kagura (it was Jin's actions that drove Kagura into the pits and right into Mykage's hands)? Its so vague that instead of being helpful in clearing things up, it seems to be moving us backwards.

As for Amata, I think the line ties back to the beginning of the show. He is the new legend. He wasn't chosen to be Apollon but someone new, and his regrets were wholly about being left behind. Which, strangely enough, parallels Sylvie's situation at the end of Aquarion more-so than Apollo or anyone else for that matter. Tie this into the fact that Sylvie's being left behind... having kids... and leading to Amata's birth would have indeed meant that the one not chosen led to the new legend (assuming Amata is from the de Alicia line... which would explain his wings and ability to pilot Aquarion). Moreover, getting left behind is what let his legend start in the first place.

Zessica's concerns, while centered around Amata entirely, do seem to echo on a sense of powerlessness. On my second watch, I cannot help but feel that what terrifies her is the fact that she won't have the power to help Amata when he, seemingly, inevitably gets left behind again (or the inability to prevent it). Again, this is a parallel with how she compared herself to Yunoha. She's afraid that she'll end up in the same situation and be unable to do anything to help/prevent it/stop it. (They sure went out of their way to make her focus wholly on Amata.)

Something in all of this mess of symbolism has got to be foreshadowing. But this show is so confusing with what leads to what, that its a hopeless endeavor to even guess.

Maybe, Zessica = Wings, Mikono = Sylvie... Mikono x Zessica end?
Maybe, Amata = Sylvie, Kagura = Apollon... oh god this is getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
That said that very article points out that Greco-Roman gods were worshipped in many forms in the classicial period with many variations, geographical in particular.
I think its more a question of why he's taking a physical form of the dog. Apollo in the original story had beastly (dog-like) features in smell and his mannerisms, but they were at most characteristics or metaphors. Not literal transformations.