Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-23, 14:27   Link #70
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I admit that's what they claim and that's the target audience for that magazine. But you'll never convince me that all the people in line for his autograph aren't 24 year old college dropouts living with their parents and painting Shinobu dolls.
Well, of course. There are fanatics and there are the casual readers. The bookstore that I usually go to - a modest little store in Shibuya, had a pile of Negima Vol. 5 when it came out last Friday. Most of the buyers - which will surprise you, were middle and high school boys and interestingly, 20+ female office workers. Sure, I also think that most of the people that will be in line for his autograph would be the hardcore otakus (such as myself), but the majority of the readers have a casual life. Probably the best correlation that I can think for the States is the difference between the casual Star Trek viewer versus the hard-core Trekkers that I hear about. I assume that the majority of the Star Trek viewers just watch it for amusement whereas the hardcore fans goes to the extreme to visit conventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba
Well, I won't draw you a picture, but a gangbang is the act of several male having sex at the same time with one female partner.
Ah, that's called "wakan" in Japanese.

hmm...I don't recall any of Akamatsu Ken's doujinshis under his circle name LEVEL-X or LEVEL-XX doing any ero-doujinshi about Card Captor Sakura. Perhaps it's from his collaboration project with the doujin circle Roriedou? But by the time Card Captor Sakura was in serialization, Akamatsu Ken was already a professional artist doing "Ai Toma" for Magazine FRESH. Any details?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote