View Single Post
Old 2009-06-15, 03:31   Link #11
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I still think Rie Kugimiya and Yui Horie should have swapped roles as they're voicing Shannon and Maria respectively. Yui Horie can her serious tone voice apart from her usual playful voicing that fits Shannon, while Rie Kugimiya has got shrilly high-pitch tantrums down to an art form that perfectly defines Maria.
I second Maho Momo: the swap idea would be even worse.
Kugimiya high pitching doesn't match Maria's image at all, and if you compare Yuuki (from Saki) who is a rare non-tsundere loli voiced by Kugimiya, you really cannot compare the two.

And no, Horie would fail big time with Shannon just for huge difference in term of tone: Horie can only do a serious voice with a very deep one, which is arguably not how Shannon would speak.

That say, even with their respective roles, it is a bit mismatched. Well after the little dramacd, uu uu Maria with Horie is fine (especially with this anime design), but kihihi Maria will definitely be a challenge. Meanwhile I still cannot picture Kugimiya one bit with Shannon at all.

After watching the trailer, I still think Sakamoto would have been the best choice for Kanon, unlike Kobayashi who has the knack into pulling a tantrum voice without much tormented aspect. Well, at least her scope matches Kanon general persona, that is.