Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 06:52   Link #714
macdawson

Things have been relatively quiet around here so i guess it's a good time for some random thoughts.

I don't know if anyone noticed this small detail, i only noticed it a couple days ago while re-watching episode 1 by the hundreth time XD When the Kirishima fires the first shot and hits the Gamilas cruiser the impact causes the ship to tilt slightly. Don't know how i've missed that in so many viewings. XD

Bunker Guy 1...is it just me that thinks he looks a lot like Mamoru in Be Forever Yamato?

The final thought is one about the future. Assuming Yamato 2199 will follow the basic central story of the original, Okita will eventually make Kodai his deputy captain. But unlike the original, now we have a second in command, Sanada. How will that work?
My view in this is: Sanada was given the post of XO but the person that was supposed to be the XO was Mamoru (this hasn't been stated anywhere, it's just my assumption). Sanada took the role of his friend and class-mate but will be more than willing to allow Susumu to, basically, side step him in the higherarchy game. If he's the same Sanada we know and love, i do see him doing that. What do you think?

Last edited by macdawson; 2012-07-13 at 09:05.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote