View Single Post
Old 2008-07-07, 18:39   Link #26
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneNineTails View Post
I've also read some criticism that the Obsidian Lord really sucks as a bad guy, because "only-human" Tate can hold his own in a sword fight for so long, but two things, 1) The Obsidian Lord is still in Reito's human body with all of the weaknesses that go with it, and 2) Wasn't Tate supposed to be like one of the best Kendo students in the area, if not the country? I think they talked about it in a few places, how he won multiple tournaments... Plus, of course, the Obsidian Lord finally wears Tate down, which is when Mai has to save him. So, I dunno that I buy that criticism too much.

I did like how the story wrapped itself up in the final episode (no, the reset button didn't bug me, I thought it was well planned out and actually was integrated into the story without any Deus Ex Machina. Plus it would have been WAY too brutal to leave everyone dead...), but I just wish the execution of that last episode was a bit more serious and dramatic, and that they could have withheld the cheesy silliness until the "epilogue" part (and then it can get all silly, that's fine with me, that's what epilogues are for. ). Oh well, the interaction between Mai and Mikoto near the end of the big battle was really touching.

I do wonder how Alyssa was returned to life, though, because if you think, she was the only HiME that actually died from a real mortal injury. It might have been a bit more bittersweet if Mashiro couldn't bring her back because she really died from a real injury... As it was, I guess Joseph Glear was the only real casualty of the series, heh...

Ciao!
Yeah I enjoyed the ending as well, thou it was a bit cheezy, i really could not see it end tragically in anyway.

As for the Alyssa thing, I think it's safe to say that mashiro's powers extended from just reviving the MIPs and she was also able to revive Alyssa who was probably a wandering spirit(just of theory of mine)