View Single Post
Old 2008-09-18, 17:33   Link #220
Wesley84

I'm watching the raw!

Chibi-Ranka was singing as early as the ages of 4 to 6. Stick that through your ear, and into your disease ridden brain, Sheryly-girl!

How come Ranka's memories aren't actual memories, but some kind of dream sequence you'd need an army of pscyhologists to interpret? And is Grace really communicating with her, or is this like that one time in episode 7 where something occured between Ranka and Sheryl that absolutely meant nothing at all?

Ah crap! Incoming commercials!

Ozma and Cathy are exploring some kind of wreck that is...pretty darn wrecked. I can't make heads or tails of what it used to be. Funny thing is I expected them to go straight to Ranka from what happened in the last episode. Where the hell are they?

Bridge Bunnies. Seriously, they should be more concerned with continuity of their current series, than trying to tie into the previous series. It's just a huge mess.

So if they knew about this derelict ahead of time, why didn't they ever explore it? You'd also think that Frontier would have made some serious progress, and moved away from what was presumably the research fleet's ruins long ago. There should be no way they'd arrive to participate in the battle.

Some technical explanation for why Grace wants Fold Quartz from the Bridge Bunnies I guess. Like they're scientists or engineers or something. Well, maybe they are. It's not like they've got real jobs that requires their constant attention.

Bobby's obviously bored from not having anything to be Gar at.

God, I hate this. The original Macross left technical crap unexplained, leaving the Engineering Corps to seemingly perform miracles, while the Bridge Crew made the most of limited understanding. Here we've spent five minutes on people who shouldn't be qualified to know or understand any of what they're talking about explaining presumably everything.

And everyone gasps! People gasp way too much in this series. Particularly Alto. If he's not yelling or folding planes, he's gasping.

Crap. More technical explanations, this time from Bresra and Grace. Ranka seems completely brainless and just singing along...even though her emotions are supposed to produce effects. Grace is giving a villian monologue for her motivations. Judging from the fire and anger, she's probably entirely justified, and off her rocker. No evil laughter unfortunately.

I want everyone on Quarter dead before series end. Dead, you hear me!? Six minutes of this meaningless crap.

Ah, so they're at Gallia IV...what? Why should there be ANYTHING left after the Dimension Eater tore through everything?

Okay, now we're back at Frontier. They're preparing for battle. Fleet's assembled. Never would have thought they had a fleet that big (still quite small) from previous episodes though.

Some kind of battleplan, where they're basically going to fly straight through Vajra's defenses and wipe out the queen/Ranka? at the center of the ring around the planet. Naturally they're hopelessly outnumbered, and there should be no way they'd succeed, but...nevermind. This is the UN Spacy we're talking about. Not the SMS.

Speech over. I hate this track playing. Too Topgun-ish.

Klan yells "Let's go!" presumably only to Nene who is right next to her, only on her right, not the left.

Luca isn't particapating at the battle? Thank goodness. I'm tired of seeing him getting shot down and not dying.

So they've got everyone crammed into Island One, while using the others as shields?

Great, now we get to waste time on Sheryl thinking about Alto.

Dammit Alto. You should have just gotten on your damn plane. Hypocrite, won't see his old man, wastes time on Sheryl though...

What's up with the bullshit theatrics? Ranka never did this when they were using her against Vajra. They strapped her in, nice and comfy, well protected. No special outfits, no holograms, nothing but Ranka, her voice, and an armored bomber.

Fleet looks nice deploying.

Fish in a barrel. Come on Ranka! Counteract Sheryl's bullshit! Well, nevermind. Ranka's left the building. They're just using her even though they shouldn't be able to use her like this since she's just a doll without any emotions...!

Did Vajra really create a giant holographic Ranka, or is that just artistic liscense?

Yeah, Sheryl, sing louder! Not that it'll do any good.

What I don't get is if Vajra is using Ranka or if Grace is the one using her, or if they're one in the same?

Why isn't there like a million Victors decending upon Alto? And does Bresra have his mind back? What the fuck is going on?

Oh bullshit! Alto gets away with a little scratch, yet Klan's totalled in two seconds!

YES! ALTO'S DEAD! And who's got him on broadcast for Sheryl to watch die? I don't know if I hate him for being stupid or love him before being totally sadistic.