View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 02:41   Link #28
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I must, however, object to the use of the 60 inch Samsung as an example of pricing. I've seen 70 inch Sharps for under $3K in Canada (which is usually more expensive due to supply chain stuff) and I helped my uncle get at 60 inch LG Plasma set for $1300 last year.
I just picked a couple of examples at random, though I could have chosen this set as representative of the large size class rather than the Sharp. I don't think it matters much what they cost, though. I can't see running out to buy a 60" TV just to watch anime upscaled to 1080p.

Quote:
Have you checked to see if the stream maxes out the CPU? I realize that CR is more CPU intensive than other 8 bit H.264 encodes due to my experiences with their 720P on a 2ghz single core laptop back in the day, but brining a 2500k to its knees would be quite something.
I don't have that problem either. I'm using a Q6600, and though I have an NVIDIA card, I've had to turn off hardware decoding for H.264. Adobe broke the color space in its Linux player for Flash videos using the "stage video" technology like YouTube does. (A quick test shows no such problems for Crunchyroll, so they must not use "stage video".)

Even sending the CR stream over wifi to my television usually works fine. I occasionally encounter some stuttering especially during OP/ED sequences which typically place greater demands on the hardware than the program content.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-22 at 03:12.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote